Saturday 21 August 2010

Sick Little Bean :( and the finger knitted flower :)




Little Bean has chicken pox, so we have been keeping cool, running oat baths, sleeping and finding things to do which will distract Little Bean from the itchiness, poor little mite.

Whilst he was sleeping (rather than cleaning or tidying!) I made a finger knitted flower, which I attached to a piece of leather, it can be worn as a necklace, headband or as I prefer to wear it, as a bracelet. I think I will attempt this at work with some of the children, if they are interested. You can find a good video on You Tube which describes how to make a flower



Simple, fun and in my opinion, great to brighten up an outfit!

2 comments:

  1. I love the flower. My children have been finger knitting a lot recently and I have been wondering what to make with it all. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea. I am going to teach my oldest how to finger knit and have been wondering how long he will be pleased with just a straight piece of knitted string. Now we have something to make with the string :)

    ReplyDelete